Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Tiger Returns...

Tiger Woods will return to action today at the Accenture Match Play.

There are actually people who think Tiger will lose in the semi-finals of this event. I don't think so. If Tiger makes it to the weekend, this thing is over. The best chance, in my opinion, is for one of his early-round opponents to take advantage of Tiger's rust.

When the opportunity arises for Mr. Woods to write a storybook ending, he normally does it.

Winning the US Open, shutting it down for 8 months to have his ACL rebuilt, and then returning to win his first event would be the storybook ending. If he makes it to Saturday, the "aura" may be too strong for anyone to overcome.

My prediction: Tiger wins. Of course, I don't think I would ever pick against him, anyway.

No comments: