Monday, May 18, 2009

Hurricanes vs. Penguins

Tonight is the start of the Eastern Conference Finals in the National Hockey League.

The Carolina Hurricanes are in Pittsburgh to take on the Penguins.

I was going to do a detailed breakdown of the series. Matchups, coaching, speed, size, scoring....the whole enchilada.

Then, I remembered something:

In an evenly-matched series, everything comes down to goaltending. I believe that Cam Ward is significantly better than Marc-Andre Fleury, and I think that is why the Hurricanes will win the series.

I'm not going to predict a specific number of games. I just think it will end with the Hurricanes going back to the Stanley Cup Finals for the 3rd time.

***Post-series edit: well, as Pack Blogger says in his comment, I couldn't have been any more wrong about this series. Marc-Andre Fleury was great, Cam Ward was average, but the real difference was that Fleury's team made things much easier on him, while Ward's teammates didn't do him any favors at all. Malkin is un-freaking-believable.

1 comment:

Pack Blogger said...

Well that was a total fail of a prediction.
You should write more articles though, i like a lot of the stuff that you have written.